If you want to learn how to find marriage records online in New York, make sure to read this article.
Additionally, the ways to run free marriage records search and the people eligible to run it will be examined further in this article.
New York Marriage Records
New York marriage license and certificate constitute the New York marriage records.
No marriage could occur without a New York marriage license being issued.
Once the marriage occurs, the couple receives a marriage certificate, which contains the following information:
- Names of the Spouses - Birth Dates of the Spouses - Addresses (Residence) - Occupation of the Spouses - Parent's Full Names - Witnesses' Names - Name of Officiating Minister of Registrar - Religious Denomination of the Spouses - Place and Date of the Ceremony
Most legal institutions such as banks or social security would require New York marriage records depending on the service requested.
Please note that in most cases, only the marriage certificate serves as an official New York marriage records document.
Who Is Eligible to Run a New York Marriage Records Search?
As is stated on the website of the New York Department of Health website, there are two groups of people who can run a New York marriage records search:
• Spouses • Third parties
The public is allowed to run a New York marriage records search if they can prove they have a documented judicial or other proper purpose or provide a New York state court order.
For instance, if you want to claim a benefit, you would require New York marriage records. In this case, the respectful agency must issue an official letter request proving you need it for this purpose.
However, the only requirement third parties must satisfy is the age: a requestor must be at least 18 years of age.
Another two conditions are also mandatory to follow, namely the fee and the written application to run a New York marriage records search, which contains the following information:
- Personal and contact information of the requestor - Personal data of the party whose name is on the record - Relationship between the requestor and the party on the record (e.g., father, mother, son, daughter, husband, sibling, aunt, uncle, grandparent, legal guardian, etc.) - The reason for the request (e.g., insurance proceeds, authentication, death benefits, private purposes, etc.) - The date of marriage - The place of marriage - Scope of search required (statewide or county limited) - The photo from either of the following documents: driver's license, state-issued, nondriver photo-ID card, passport, or U.S. Military-issued ID
However, you can also get rejected to run New York marriage records search due to a lack of proper ID or copy of the U.S or any other passport.
However, if you were rejected to run a free marriage records search, you can re-apply by providing written permission from the spouses to run a free marriage records search.
How to Find Marriage Records Online in New York:
Knowing the fees and requirements to look for marriage records in New York, you can answer the question of how to find marriage records online in New York.
Generally, there are several options for how you could run a New York marriage records search: walk-in, via phone, or email.
However, if you want to save time and find some New York marriage records online, make sure to use the websites mentioned below:
New York Department of Health (NYDH) Website| (www.health.ny.gov)
You have access to many services when opening a New York website. With the help of the NYDH website, you can find birth, death, divorce, and marriage records online.
If you are older than 18 years, have paid the fee, and filled up the application request to run a New York marriage records search, you can easily download the New York marriage records online. There are several payment options:
• Online or with Smartphone: accepted providers are MasterCard/Visa, Discover, American Express, ACH (Electronic Check)
• By Mail: accepted payment methods are personal check, postal money order, or certified check made payable to NYS Department of Health
• Walk-In Payments: check, cash, or money order According to the information provided on the website, the vital records office has New York marriage records dating from the 1880s for all New York counties.
Another opportunity to run a New York marriage records search would be at the city or town clerk's office, where the marriage license was issued.
Independent Platform | (backgroundcheck.co)
Such independent platforms as backgrouncheck.co come in handy when the requestor requires additional background information on the parties whose marriage records in New York have been requested.
You will be able to find the following information while using the website:
· Employment and Education History · Contact Information · Civil and Criminal Court Records (if applicable)
If you have more questions about finding marriage records online in New York, contact the vital records office via phone or email.
Start a Background Check
We are delighted to offer 24/7 customer service. For any questions or immediate help,
please use the number below to contact us.