In the early 2020s, the marriage ratio in Mississippi resulted at 5.7 marriages per 1000 residents. This explains why the demand for Mississippi marriage records has risen in the past four years.
Mississippi marriage records are needed when purchasing property together or immigrating to another country.
As a rule, Mississippi marriage records are stored in religious, government, and health institutions. Hence, Mississippi marriage records can be found there or online.
This is why this article will cover all aspects of how to find marriage records online in Mississippi, highlighting all the ways of running a free marriage records search.
Mississippi Marriage Records
Before running a Mississippi marriage records search, it is recommended to understand the types of marriage records in Mississippi.
Generally, Mississippi marriage records are described by marriage license and marriage certificate.
A marriage license authorizes the marriage between the two people, proving there are no legal, government, or other impediments to concluding the marriage.
On the contrary, the marriage certificate will serve as an official confirmation of marriage as it is issued on the day when the couple weds and contains the following information:
- Names of the Spouses - Birth Dates of the Spouses - Addresses (Residence) - Occupation of the Spouses - Parent`s Full Names - Witnesses' Names - Name of Officiating Minister of Registrar - Religious Denomination of the Spouses - Place and Date of the Ceremony
Therefore, whenever all legal institutions such as banks or social security will ask you for marriage proof, it will mean that you must submit the marriage certificate.
Who is Eligible to Run a Mississippi Marriage Records Online?
Marriage records in Mississippi are considered public information. Everybody who has reached 18 years of age is eligible to run a Mississippi marriage records search. The only requirements one needs to fulfill are the following:
1. The fee must be paid in advance.
2. A requestor must submit a request to run Mississippi marriage records search and mention the following information:
• Personal and contact information of the requestor • Personal data of the party whose name is on the record • Relationship between the requestor and the party on the record (e.g., father, mother, son, daughter, husband, sibling, aunt, uncle, grandparent, legal guardian, etc.) • The reason for the request (e.g., insurance proceeds, authentication, death benefits, private purposes, etc.) • The date of marriage • The place of marriage • Scope of search required (statewide or county limited)
However, the ID photo must be presented along with the other legal documents.
How to Find Marriage Records Online in Mississippi?
As a rule, the question of how to find marriage records online in Mississippi can be answered in one sentence: if you are eligible to run a Mississippi marriage records search, you can do it online and in person.
If you are interested in how to find marriage records online in Mississippi, make sure to use the sources mentioned below. It is worth noting that the majority of the websites do not offer a possibility to run a free marriage records search.
Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention Website | (cdc.gov)
CDC website is the only tool that allows running a free marriage records search. CDC website does not let you get the marriage records online, but it allows you to obtain all the information about institutions that enable the Mississippi marriage records search.
Among other things, you can get contact information and the fees you must pay per certified copy download.
Mississippi State Department of Health Website | (msdh.ms.gov)
In most cases, the CDC website will redirect you to the Mississippi State Department of Health website, where you can find all the marriage records online. Additionally, the website offers multiple possibilities to obtain marriage records in Mississippi. To name a few:
• Order a certified copy of Mississippi marriage records by mail
Using this option to run a Mississippi marriage records search, you can find marriage records dating from January 1, 1926, to June 30, 1938, and for January 1, 1942, to the present.
• Order Mississippi marriage records online
• Order Mississippi marriage records by phone
• Request to run Mississippi marriage records search in person by arriving at the health department in person
As mentioned on the website, once the payment has been made, it will only take 7-10 business days to receive your marriage records.
Independent Platform | (backgroundcheck.co)
Make sure to complete the Mississippi marriage records search with the background information from independent platforms, such as backgroundcheck.co. You will be able to find the following information while using the platform:
- Employment and Education History - Contact Information - Civil and Criminal Court Records (if applicable)
This article has explained how to find marriage records online in Mississippi. If you have more questions about finding marriage records online in Mississippi, contact the vital records office via phone or email.
Start a Background Check
We are delighted to offer 24/7 customer service. For any questions or immediate help,
please use the number below to contact us.