This article will examine all aspects of running the South Carolina court records search.
Who is eligible to run an South Carolina court records search?
Public South Carolina court records (e.g., South Carolina civil court records) can be accessed by anybody, whereas confidential ones are hidden from the public eye.
Only a party in the case has access to confidential and public South Carolina court records.
If you want to run an South Carolina court records search with confidential South Carolina court records, you need to belong to either of the following groups:
* A person authorized by a party
* A third party authorized by a party is eligible to run an South Carolina court search and help the party look up all the South Carolina court information on the case.
* Legal Aid and Government Staff
* People who represent legal aid and the government can access South Carolina civil court records remotely.
* Court-appointed people
* People appointed by the South Carolina court are eligible to execute the South Carolina court records search
Remember that all parties mentioned above will have no access to electronic South Carolina court records of criminal, juvenile justice, child welfare cases, or confidential electronic records unless stated otherwise by the court.
Where to run the South Carolina court records search?
Where you can run a South Carolina court records search depends on the type of South Carolina court records available (paper-based or electronic).
If the case has only paper-based court records, then you can only run a South Carolina court search at the courthouse.
Once you have established the South Carolina court, you would need to fill up the file to ask for permission to run a South Carolina court information search.
To do that, you need to run a South Carolina court search if the court is not known to you in advance. If the South Carolina court records are electronic, then you have a possibility of running the search both at the courthouse and remotely.
If you want to run a South Carolina court records search remotely, make sure to use both official and private search engines below:
South Carolina Judicial Branch Website (www.sccourts.org)
According to the official state website, the South Carolina case records search is available for all counties in South Carolina. In other words, there is a possibility of running a South Carolina court record search remotely.
Once you open a website, you will have access to the following services:
* Get an overview of the Supreme court
* Access the video portal of the Supreme court
* E-file the documents
* Run a South Carolina court search
It is relatively easy to run a South Carolina court search. Once you open the website, you will see the state map with all the counties.
A map is accompanied by a list of counties on the right side. Each county mentioned on the map is clickable. Once you click on the county, you will automatically be redirected to the local court's website, where you could run a South Carolina court records search.
* Run a South Carolina court records search at the Supreme court, the court of appeals, trial, family, circuit, probate, magistrate, or municipal courts, etc.
To run a South Carolina court records search, you need to know the following information:
* Court type (e.g., circuit, summary, masters-in-equity);
* Hint: running a South Carolina court search in advance is helpful, as it noticeably speeds up the whole process. In most cases, you need to know as little as the city ZIP code and the type of the case to run the South Carolina court search. If the court type is not known to you in advance, you can leave the field filled with "All courts."
* Court Agency (e.g., Greenville County Master in Equity, Domestic Violence Court, City of Travelers Rest)
If you don't know what to select here, leave the drop-down menu filled with "All Types."
* Case Number (if known)
* Case Type (e.g., Judgement, Pending Suit, Notice, etc.)
* Case Sub-Type (e.g., Annulment, Arbitration, Confession)
* First/Last or Business Names
*Party Type (e.g., Defendant, Plaintiff)
* Action Type (e.g., ADR, CP, Judgements, Case Status Update)
* Indictment Number (if known)
* Dates Type (e.g., Arrested, Case Field, Disposed)
Independent search engine (background check.co)
Backgroundcheck.co is one of the best platforms to back up the South Carolina court records search with the background information on the parties involved in the case.
Once you hit the "search" button, you can look up the following information:
* Background Records
* Phone Number
* Public Records
* Address Information
* Police & Court Records
* Social Media Accounts & Information
* Marriage & Divorce Records
* Unclaimed Money Database
* Sex Offenders & Their Locations
* Privacy Program
* South Carolina Court Records
* South Carolina Court Records
In case you still have some questions left, we highly recommend getting in touch with the court via phone or email.
Start a Background Check
We are delighted to offer 24/7 customer service. For any questions or immediate help,
please use the number below to contact us.