With the hundreds of thousands of marriages concluded in Oklahoma throughout the year, the number of people who require Oklahoma marriage records is increasing.
Oklahoma marriage records are crucial when applying for spousal benefits or purchasing a property together.
Additionally, Oklahoma marriage records are also needed for immigration purposes, which is why this article will help people understand how to find marriage records online in Oklahoma or how to run a free marriage records search.
Oklahoma Marriage Records
To know which Oklahoma marriage records you are looking for, you need to learn the difference between a marriage license and a marriage certificate.
Generally, when running an Oklahoma marriage records search, you would look for the marriage certificate since it is considered an official marriage proof used by most legal institutions.
The reason for that is that the marriage certificate is obtained right after the marriage and contains all the necessary information, namely:
- Names of the Spouses - Birth Dates of the Spouses - Addresses (Residence) - Occupation of the Spouses - Parent's Full Names - Witnesses' Names - Name of Officiating Minister of Registrar - Religious Denomination of the Spouses - Place and Date of the Ceremony
A marriage license, on the contrary, is issued before the marriage and usually serves as legal permission for the couple to get married.
The local county clerk issued the marriage license, which must be followed by a ceremony no later than 60 days.
Who Is Eligible to Run an Oklahoma Marriage Records Search?
As a rule, everybody who is older than 18 years can run an Oklahoma marriage records search.
Obtaining Oklahoma marriage records online is not restricted to anyone interested.
However, obtaining Oklahoma marriage records online is not possible if the following two conditions have not been met:
1. If the fee to obtain Oklahoma marriage records has not been paid.
The fee to obtain Oklahoma marriage records can be paid in cash, money order, per credit card, or check.
The type of payment and the fee amount strictly depends on the county. It is essential to note that the fee amount also depends on the service provided.
For instance, amending the Oklahoma marriage records online must be cheaper than downloading a certified copy of it.
2. If the written request to run an Oklahoma marriage records search has not been submitted. The written request must contain the following information:
- Personal and contact information of the requestor - Personal data of the party whose name is on the record - Relationship between the requestor and the party on the record (e.g., father, mother, son, daughter, husband, sibling, aunt, uncle, grandparent, legal guardian, etc.) - The reason for the request (e.g., insurance proceeds, authentication, death benefits, private purposes, etc.) - The date of marriage - The place of marriage - Scope of search required (statewide or county limited) - The photo from either of the following documents: driver's license, state-issued, nondriver photo-ID card, passport, or U.S. Military-issued ID
How to Find Marriage Records Online in Oklahoma
Knowing you are eligible to run an Oklahoma marriage records search, you can check your options of how to find marriage records in Oklahoma online.
However, there is also a possibility to run Oklahoma marriage records in person or request to obtain marriage records in Oklahoma by phone or email.
We always recommend running an Oklahoma marriage records search on all the websites mentioned below:
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) | (cdc.gov)
The CDC would be considered an all-in-one tool if it would enable running Oklahoma marriage records search directly on the website.
However, among all other tools, the CDC is the only tool that enables a free marriage records search.
The CDC allows you to find all the contact and general information about Oklahoma's vital and health departments.
Oklahoma State Department of Health Website | (oklahoma.gov)
The Oklahoma State Department of Health website is the only tool to use when you want to find Oklahoma marriage records online.
The fees per service are mentioned on the website, and it is possible to find a fee per county.
The written application request form is also available on the website, so all you have to do is download the form and fill it out.
Independent Platform | (backgroundcheck.co)
In most cases downloading Oklahoma marriage records search online would allow you to have all the information about the marriage itself except for:
· Employment and Education History · Contact Information · Civil and Criminal Court Records (if applicable)
If you inquire about this information about the parties involved, make sure to use such independent platforms as backgroundcheck.co.
Please note that the platform charges a fee and does not permit running a free marriage records search.
If you have more questions about finding marriage records online in Oklahoma, contact the vital records office via phone or email.
Start a Background Check
We are delighted to offer 24/7 customer service. For any questions or immediate help,
please use the number below to contact us.